Friday, February 24, 2012

STUG III/F8 process

Here are a few pictures of the STUG.  The STUG is almost finished.  Going to retake the pictures.  I little bit to close..  On the bad side I was just laid off from my company.  General Dynamic land systems had some big cut back due to the defense budgets cuts. Now I am looking for work.. Anyone need a vehicle designer... 

The early STUG III/F is still in works.  But soon there will be more surprises.  Let say more STUG madness is coming...  Again comments are welcome.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Convert late STUG III/F8 into an early F

I guess I must just be crazy.  But looking all the extra part from the PSC Panzer III set I got a brain fart.  Why not make an early STUG III F.  The it would mean shorten the hull and just the
extra rear engine deck from the Panzer III set.  The engine cover vent run in a different direction.

Next I cut the hull on the late model hull to the correct length. As the early STUG III f was on the G model hull.

Modified hull  for early STUG III F

Now the rear deck mated to the STUG III  upper hull.

That's all for now.  Got to make the correct vision slot in the front.  Add the extra road wheel to the rear fenders.  Oh for got you need to remove the wood block on the right rear fender. Plus the fire extinguisher on the left rear fender.  More to come later.  Hope I explained everthing well.  All comments welcomed...

PSC New 15mm Panther.

All I have to say is WOW...   And I don't mean the World of Warcraft :).  This so far is the best model Plastic Soldier Company has made so far.  The tracks are so realistic . Now I only wish I bought more.  PSC give you all the parts to make either panther..  Now I just have to finish a few other projects.  The Sherman and 251/D are now hold for now.  Need to order more decals from I-94 enterprises.   Now for the pictures. 

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Britsh Shermans for the Desert Campaign

Plastic Soldier Company Shermans are model for the Normandy campaign.  In order for these Shermans to be early models that fought the Afrika Korp they need to be modify. This is an quick fix.  All one has to do is file off the add on armor on both sides of the hull.  This only takes about 5 minutes of careful filing.  The sherman was painted with Life color Portland stone 64 (UA229).  Life Color makes a British desert camouflage set.  After the paint dried over night I weather with AK066 africa korps wash.  Next I used the red brown future mixture only around the equipment and hatches.  This made the features of the sherman stand out.  Next I will add the decals and finish up the weathering.

Plastic Soldier Company 251/D continued

Here is one of the 251/D's weathered.  The weathering consists of a mix of red brown and future watered.  This was to tone down the half track.  After I use AK interactive  D.A.K. weathering set.  The two weathering filters where AK066 Africa Korps wash plus AK067 streaking grime. 

First I applied the redbrown future mix over the whole vehicle.  After this I quickly rubbed the mixture off with an old T-shirt.  Rubbing off the future mixture was to make sure the red brown didn't over power the camo.  Next the Africa Korps wash was applied.  Following the instruction the wash was left to dry about 15minutes.  The final step was the streaking grime.  Carefully I streak on the grime.   Still have a little more weathering to do.  More too come..  I will be added the Fuel cans and some equipment.