Here are some scans of the New Conversion kit for the SdKfz 251 made by the Plastic Soldier Company. From the parts of the kit you can make the following:
4 x 251/2 81mm mortar carrier
4 x 251/9 75mm Stummel
4 x 251/10 Pak 37 for the command vehicle.
4 x 251/16 flame thrower carrier.
The only bad thing is the large sink hole on the 75mm gun. But that is cause flow of plastic to fill the part. This is no big deal and just a quick splash of putty will fix. Can wait to put these on my Half-track. This will be a big hit for PSC.
I give a must buy 4 1/2 stars out of 5..
P.S. they do take paypal and I had ordered these directly from PSC. It took a 7 days to get the kit to Michigan in the U.S.
Yom Kippour War
- 3d printing
- Advance Squad Leader
- Analogue Challenge
- blood eagle
- Civil war
- Cold War era
- colonial miniatures
- dungeon saga
- Easy Eight battleground rules
- Lion Rampant
- Lock & Load
- Men who would be kings
- Operation Claymore.
- Painting tips.
- Pike mans Lament
- Plastic Soldier Company
- sea battles
- Sharps Practice
- Solatire games
- WW2. Zevzda
- Yom Kippour
Monday, July 16, 2012
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Friday, July 6, 2012
Here is some picture of my Stug III F conversion that I started months ago. The Stug is painted like one used by the Grossdeutschland division in Russia. I have an Stug III D somewhere on my work bench that just needs to be finished.
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Figured I need to post some pictures. It has been a while. PSC Sherman's are easy to build. Now with all the different version one can do a little mixing and match of parts.
The Sherman where paints with a mix of Tamiya Olive drab(XF-61) and Tamiya dark yellow
(XF-60) at a ratio of 60:40. This give a pretty good match to the original Olive used on the American Sherman during WW2. Used this as a base coat which after I added some white to make for the high lights. The area under the stars where coated with future floor. After the stars dried over night I put another coat over the complete tank. I found this will help cut down on the wear from handling the tank. Next I put a pin wash over the tank in black. Follow by weather will mud coat. The final coat was testors dullcoat.
The above M4A1 76mm Sherman's are done in the black and olive drab by the 2nd and 3rd armor division for operation cobra. Paint using the same process as discussed early.
On my work bench are some firefly, M4A3's and some conversion to Mid production with some depot rebuild Sherman. Hope to have those posted soon..
Monday, July 2, 2012
My friend Anton has been making all kinds of terrain and vehicles out of blue broad. I found this blog to with another blogger using blue broad for trenches and bunkers. See the link below. Looks like blue broard is the gamers best friend today.