Yom Kippour War

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Battleground by Easy Eight WW2 miniature rules

Not sure how many people remember this game. Let alone if they played it.  It was a awesome game for me. A little role playing , good mechanics just plain fun.  Found a yahoo group that posts on the game.  My intent is post what I can on the game here to see if there is still interest.

History on the game:

From what I recall the rules where written by two guys.  One of them was killed in a accident. That pretty killed that game.  Next the only way to get the game was on a CD.  Lots of people back in the 90's didn't like this change.
Currently available from Syr Hobbs Wargames :Syr Hobbs Battle ground rules

If you have any info or wish to share you experience with the feel free to post.



10 comments:

  1. I played a Saving Private Ryan campaign using these rules. Loved them.

    Great for squad-level games. You really feel the tension from one activation to the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I liked about the game. The tension of not knowing what is going to happen next.

      Delete
  2. Excellent rules. The first WWII miniatures game I ever played, and we often did narrative scenarios down in the game room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see someone else liked the rules set. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just played a wonderful game last night - part of the US Army campaign on Leyte against the IJA. I've bought a complete set of rules from Syr Hobbs and have given rule sets as gifts. Once you get the hang of the game you can play with multiple units quite easily and it covers everything from the VBCW through Korea and later. It is a great, under appreciated game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had purchased the rules when they first came out. When easy eight released new modules I bought them. On their Yahoo site there are updates for Vietnam. Along with mention of the Arab Israelis wars. I would like to find those updates. Thanks for you comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this page because I got a box out of my attic full of Battle ground memorabilia. I used to play this when I was a teenager, loved it. So cool that people may still be playing it. It was my first miniature table top game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anywhere know where they can find this? I've been looking for a copy of it to play for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone Know where you can find a copy of the rules?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You purchase the rules here: http://syrhobbswargames.com/ocart2/index.php?route=product/category&path=142

    ReplyDelete