Yom Kippour War

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Pikeman Lament with real pictures.

Have not played Pikeman Lament in long time.  Just finished up my dragoons.  Cavalry is a real pain in butt to paint.  Been pushing these troops around on the painting bench for who knows how long.  Agin in my travel on face book I found this great page dealing with the English Civil War.  The thing the grab me was the detail of the reenactors uniforms.  To myself it looks like the armor pieces have a black paint wash. 









2 comments:

  1. OldSarge, it was fashionable from about 1550 on to blacken the armor to prevent rust, this was much like the modern blueing one sees on rifles. Hurriedly made armor was often painted to give a similar look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anton for that information.

    ReplyDelete