Yom Kippour War

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Blast from the past.

At one time the only manufacturer of miniatures was Heritage in the US.   They made 28mm ancients, lord of the rings and other 28mm figures.  But they made the best 15mm historical miniatures for the Civil War and Napoleonic's. 

I remember buying a ton of the Napoleonic and Civil Wars 15mm.  That is when I belong to a very active group of historical miniature gamer's.   The rules at the time we used had been written by Scotty Bowden.   Empire 2 and Stars & Bars where the standard.  Along with DBA , ancient rule written by Phil Barker.    I still have my Napoleonic armies in 15mm gathering dust.  Plus more in the packages that have not been painted. The ad is from Dragon Vol 1 issue #5.   Where did the time go by?  Now I'm in my 70's....  But the memories are great. We had great fun battling away.





2 comments:

  1. I started collecting miniatures in my late twenties although I had been a board wargamer for many years before. Now I'm in my seventies and remember many of the items you describe with fondness. My 15 mm collection was built around the Minifigs that were developed in blister packs and which conveniently matched up with unit sizes for Empire III. Now the boys still ask me to get out the 15 mm collection to play "big battles" so the dust hasn't quite settled on my ACW collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that your memories as similar to mine. There is nothing like pushing around vast quantities of tiny soldiers on a table..

    ReplyDelete