Yom Kippour War

Sunday, October 27, 2019

3d Printing troubleshooting guide.

I can safely say that 3d printing is an on going adventure.  Maybe a continuous learning curves.  As anyone that has been 3d printing thing will go so smoothly.  Then bang everything goes to shit? Cura has in the last several months update they splicer software.    My first version was 4.0. The splicer run like a dream.  4.1.0 was released.  The beginning of the the nightmare.  Prints started going whacky on me.  I was clueless to what went wrong.

 The face book CR-10 and Ender 3 page saved me.   Great people on the beginner page.  I got great input and solutions.   Next I found that Fat Dragon games owner had a you tube page. Here he explain all the tips on how to get better prints.   Plus good information of trouble shooting problem.  To include basic maintenance guide.

   Here is a guide I got of one of the face book group.   This shows how to fix the most common problems.  Bed leveling is the nightmare I experienced. My Ender 3 bed I believe is warped.  My CR-10 has a problem staying level.  This I believe is the print is pretty violent as it prints.  The table this printer is on shakes like an earthquake.   I just brought a update version of the control broad that is suppose to solve this problem.

Here the guide to help you print at the correct height with a level bed,


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog re my foray into 3d printing and reference to your blog. Quite intersting. Ares you using the Prusa slicer on your CR10 now? I have been using Cura 4.3 without a lot of problem but I am curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm using the Prusa slicer on my CR-10 that has been modified to CR-10s. The Prusa slice looks like it prints faster than pre version 4.2.

      Delete