Yom Kippour War

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Battle of the Bulge video series.

 76 years ago the Battle of the Bulge was winding down.  December had been pure hell for the Allies. The German came close to pulling off the gambit to cut off the Allies armies.   Why I am I interested you say.  Because my father Paul Vikar was one of the survivors' of the battle of Bastogne.  All I know is that he was in a Heavy Artillery unit.  A little bit of what happened.  As my father and his buddies would talk about on memorial day weekends. For year we would get together with buddies from the Old neighborhood in Detroit at the his one friends farm.  It seem Labor and Memorial days comes to mind.  There would talk of fighting in Africa and Europe.  When the beer started to flow so did the stories.

 This is my tribute to those men who fought to create the nation I grew up in during the 50 and 60's.  More stories later. Now the video.





No comments:

Post a Comment