Yom Kippour War

Monday, December 6, 2021

Another friend has crossed over the bridge.












Bill is tall guy with the Lomos Brothers.

 This morning I found a very good friend I have known since 1982 pass.  Bill Osborne was a fine gentleman, a Marine and a Civil war buff.    I met Bill at my first nationals for the North-South skirmish Association.   Bill had a company that sold Civil war equipment, original firearms, reproduction firearms and parts for all of the firearms.   Later I found out Bill own a tooling company is Wisconsin.   In the early 90's he got into the join venture with Chinese Company making investment cases.

   In the N-SSA he was a life long member of the 29th Wisconsin.  He enjoy completing with Civil War era firearms.  Last week I learned he had heart attack,  Later that he was on a ventilator.   This was not a good sign.  He had a couple of heart attacks in the last tens years.   A few years ago he moved to Greenville, Tennessee.  This where his wife was from.   There he became a country gentleman farmer.   Horses, ducks, chickens and Scottish Coos.    As he told me in May this year. That this was the move in his life.   A much slower pace of life.

   I know he is standing watch at heaven's gate greeting fellow Marine.    R,I,P Marine..  Semper Fi.



4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, Bill sounds like he was a heck of a guy, part of a vanishing breed. Although I never met him I mourn his passing.

    ReplyDelete