Yom Kippour War

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Barkskins TV show




Last night I watched the first episode.  Great opening with Iroquois raid a small English settlement. Yes it was gritty not the normal TV.   Take place in New France . It is the late 1600's in the new world.  Both the French and English are getting along.  But political greed is starting to rear its head.   After watching I start looking to my Tomahawks and Muskets rule book.  The TV show is great info for a small campaign or just skirmishes.     More later.  Oh Blogger has changed their interface for posting.  Not happy. Now got to figure how it works.

5 comments:

  1. I was just trying out the new Blogger, it sucks! what sort of ass was involved in the change-over?

    Probably some dim-wit that has to do everything on his Apple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to watch this - thanks for the heads up. My ancestor Sebastian Provencher arrived in Trois Rivieres in 1653 and married Marguerite Manchon - a daughter of the king - in 1663 or so!

    I'm his descendant on my Mother's side.
    Dick Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dick I'm honored that you found my blog. I loved the courier magazine you published. I'm enjoying the series. My wife won't watch it as she feels they screwed it up from the Book. If you have any information about the period. I would be glad to publish it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following your blog for quite a while - this is just the first time I put up a comment. Great Blog. I don't have too much info about the period other than family lore but I will pass on what I have. Would you want it here or in an e-mail. You can reach me at mgluteus@aol.com (Familiar?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It you can email would be best. Family lore would be excellent. Brigade games has kickstarter campaign on this period. New figures by Paul Hicks. Plus another new set of rules. Check you email. Gary

    ReplyDelete