Yom Kippour War

Sunday, May 24, 2020

When will it stop.

 Yesterday morning on facebook I discover I lost another good buddy.  Jeff Pierce and I worked together at GE transportation in Erie Pa.   Jeff was a manager and I worked as a drafter designing locomotive components.   During the time I worked for GE my family was still in Detroit area.  At Erie I was living alone in small apartment.   Turned out Jeff had an interesting in the Civil and black powder firearms.  This turned out to be a starting point for a great friendship that has last until today.

    Jeff knowing that I would try to go home every other weekend.  So on the off weekend, he would call me to hang out.  The two of us would go to auctions.  In Pa one can find a lot of antique firearms from the civil war.  We would stop at the eagles club for a beer.  And talk. 

  Sadly he will not placing Flags on the graves of Veterans this Memorial day.   This passing of Buddy really hurt this time.
 Update 5/28/2020.  I learned Jeff had a sudden fatal heart attack. He suffered no pain.
Jeff and his Mother.  He loved this country.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry fir your loss. It is always more painful to lose a true friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Circle grows ever smaller, we must appreciate the friends that we have. I am sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, I too have lost almost a dozen friends in the past year. I gets a bit depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buddy. Two on the same day is depressing. Just found that Lou Nigero the Selfridge Museum director passed away yesterday afternoon. I have known him since the mid 70's when he was a guard pilot. If believe he passed away for a very quick spreading cancer. He was 76.

      Delete