Yom Kippour War

Saturday, September 12, 2020

What have I been doing...

  I have been slaving away with 3d prints.  I received an order to print up some streets from Berlin.  Basically a cobblestone roadway that was used all over europe during WW2.  The section of street are time consuming.  7 to 8 hour run time in 20 mm scale.  Each cobblestone is printed.  The tramm took 20 hours and several attempt. Once I got the right setting is run perfect.    Here  are the photos.  If you are looking for 3d print please contact me on the blog





















5 comments:

  1. I like your tram and the rail line. We used a lot of 3d prints in our Stalingrad board....
    http://glasgowwarhog.blogspot.com/2019/
    its a great medium to work in....and you can get really creative. See the factory insides on the link...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary - you may like this page on 3d prints we did recently...
    https://glasgowwarhog.blogspot.com/2020/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has been added to my blog column.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, could you not print the tram sans window glass, or does the printing method require that the window glass be there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how the file is from the maker of the file. In order to have open window each window would have to be cut out in the file. After that I would have to put in supports to keep the window from sagging. If the sides of the tram where sectioned. Then the window could be printed flat opened with one problem. It is worth the time afford for me to do that. I could design new one flat. But again hours of work for a couple tramms is worth the headache.

      Delete