Yom Kippour War

Monday, January 20, 2020

Amazing what one can do with Anycubic resin printer,Arminas Didziokas

After seeing this I need to make room for my Anycubic printer,  I been sitting on my hands a little to long.

Here is what Arminas Didziokas created





Hey guys, my new big project is finally completely finished!
If you're interested, here's little about the process:

I started sculpting this back in summer, but had to constantly put it away because of "Jobs" and stuff. So just kept working at it whenever I had some free time and kept adding details, changing the design, re-sculpting a bunch of stuff and so on, but I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out x]

In general it was a little bit inspired by old school Heavy Metal Magazines style - you know - where everything just looks COOL and makes no sense

Printed on Anycubic Photon with Ameralabs Grey resin. I was using 5.61s for 0.04mm thickness layers, 4xAA, 4 raft layers - 80s exposure.

Everything was cut into 26 parts - which was altogether 7 full plate prints (check picture in chitubox). The final model is around 1/10th scale (about 21cm in height)

I printed everything hollowed with 1-1.1mm wall thickness.
Usually I never used auto-supports in the past, don't trust them at all. But I tried PrusaSlicer and it's not too bad! Still a lot of nonsense supports but a good start.
So I was orienting parts in Chitubox - creating full plate scenes (because it's very easy to see how everything will get printed with that Slice Slider thingie and Prusa's Slider is not that good),
Then exported those full plate STLs to PrusaSlicer, generated auto-supports, went into manual editing, deleted some nonsense, moved some support points around to better distribute the weight, added a bunch more supports manually.
Then exported everything back to Chitubox again, checked if it looked alright, added a few more supports in chitubox if I felt the need and sliced everything with 4xAA.

Most likely I'm using way too many supports, but I kinda want to feel safe and secure everything in place while printing. I really don't mind some quick sanding, and I tried orienting all the parts so there's not too much marks on the good sides of the model - all the crap went to the bottom where no one will see it x]
Because there so many details, there are some small unsupported islands here and there, bet they usually get attached to the main print in a layer or two, so I wasn't sweating about it x]

One thing that I really learned - Next time I won't use cylindrical keys for joining parts.. it can get annoying, but redoing all the keys and cuts and then test-printing everything again will take me another 2 weeks or more, so I left them as it is for now.

Sorry for a long read! I hope I didn't forget anything important, let me know if you have any questions.

I don't want to flood the group with 50 photos, so I have uploaded a lot more photos here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/armians3d/photos/

It's a pretty complicated project, but if you're up for the challenge - STL files are now available to purchase on MyMiniFactory.










No comments:

Post a Comment